[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Living with pets can also have problems in your healthy home. This could lead to odors, decreased indoor air quality, and potentially allergies, asthma, and even long-term respiratory issues. They can even carry parasites, bacteria, and viruses that can affect health. As a pet owner, maintain a healthy home for you, your family, and your pets. By bringing a bird into your home you expose them to higher levels of particle and airborne chemical pollution, unchecked this can make your pet very ill.
Small proteins found in your pet’s dander, saliva, and urine are the most common cause of pet allergies. These proteins can easily attach themselves to fur as your pet goes through its daily routine of cleaning, eating, playing, and sleeping. These allergens can be spread throughout the house as your pet sheds Its fur.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_custom_heading text=”Problems bird dander may cause” font_container=”tag:h2|text_align:center|color:%23dd5252″ google_fonts=”font_family:Alex%20Brush%3Aregular|font_style:400%20regular%3A400%3Anormal”][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/2″][vc_images_carousel images=”1316,1317,1318,1319″ img_size=”full” mode=”vertical” autoplay=”yes”][/vc_column_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/2″][vc_column_text]The problems bird dander cause includes:
- The Clogging of air passages
When your parrot breathes dander-filled air and other household impurities, it becomes infected and would most likely suffer from a clogged air passage.
- The Bird Fancier’s Lung
This form of hypersensitivity pneumonitis (HP) is triggered by your bird’s exposure to avian proteins found mostly in the dry dust of feces.
If you are allergic to any airborne disease, you tend to be affected by the bird dander.
Fortunately, air purifiers are safe to use around birds and they can help keep your bird healthy and help them breathe better. The most important filtration will eliminate both particle pollutants such as mold as well as chemical contaminants.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][vc_custom_heading text=”How to position your air purifier in the house” font_container=”tag:h3|text_align:center|color:%23dd5252″ google_fonts=”font_family:Alex%20Brush%3Aregular|font_style:400%20regular%3A400%3Anormal”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
- Look for an ideal place to set up your air purifier in your home
- Place the purifier or humidifier in the same room as the parrot. This will clean the air around your bird’s cage but it will also ensure that the dust doesn’t spread across your room.
- If your air purifier or humidifier is portable, put it in whatever room your parrot goes when it is out of the cage.
- If it is impossible to find a good spot, just split test several spots and pick the one that works perfectly for you.
- Place the device at one spot for a minimum of 4 days and see how it works. Ensure your air purifier is placed at a higher place to avoid obstacles.
In conclusion, Air purifiers and humidifiers are safe for parrots except for the ones that release ozone into the air.
Purchasing an air purifier for your pet bird is significant because of the dander and dust that the feathers produce, and dander can also cause allergic reactions to you or any person with allergic reactions in your house
Before purchasing an air purifier for your pet bird, make sure.
- You maintain a clean and healthy home
- You bathe your pet often
- You keep practicing proper handwashing after interacting with animals and disposing of their waste.
- You take your pet for regular vet checkups to keep your pet healthy
- You limit eating or drinking when around your pet.
- You use a room air purifier in high-traffic pet areas to give your home that supplemental burst of fresh air.
- You don’t allow your pets on furniture or in rooms where people are allergic
- You keep pet traffic to a minimum to increase indoor air quality throughout specific areas of your home.
With all that said, check out the best air purifier and humidifiers for parrots currently on the market here[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]See Also